100% Recycled PET Bottle
- Made from California curbside collected recycled plastic just for us
- We're working on refills for shampoo and conditioner. Until then, we suggest rinsing your bottle clean and recycling it at the end of use.
Plastic Pump Top
- This mixed material piece is very difficult to recycle and is made from predominantly virgin materials
- We recommend reusing your existing pump as long as possible
- For recycling, we’ve partnered with Pact, who will take back our packaging and ensure it gets recycled
Find a Pact dropoff location
Our plumbing and sanitation infrastructure is not a closed loop. With the millions of personal care products used each day, their ingredients will inevitably accumulate in our ecosystems or end up back in our drinking water.
Which is why we take biodegradability into account with all of our products. Each ingredient or material we use is verified to be safe for aquatic ecosystems and able to naturally decompose.
Our products are also safe for outdoor use, like outdoor showers and camping—but we don't recommend using any products directly in natural waterways like rivers, lakes, and oceans. Products made of wood, cotton, stone, sponge or luffa are also biodegradable, but be sure to find the correct disposal approach within your community.
All of our shipping is carbon offset.
We recommend our ground shipping option to reduce the carbon impact of your purchase (air shipping uses +3x the emissions as ground).
We accept unopened products as returns within 30 days of ordering. For more on our return policy check out the link below.
Q: Does this work on all hair types?
Our hair care is designed for all hair types, but everyone’s hair is unique. Experiment with the amount you use, how long you leave it in, and additional styling products to find your sweet spot.
Q: Will I see results right away?
It can take a little time for your hair to adjust to a new routine and to see the effects of our natural active ingredients. We recommend trialing for about a month and experimenting with how much product you use, how frequently you wash, how long you wait to rinse out the conditioner, and water temperature.
Q: What do you recommend for my hair type?
Fine, Straight Hair (1)
- Get yourself some shampoo (a silver dollar’s worth if you have shoulder length hair).
- Really work it into your wet hair.
- Rinse with not-too-hot water.
- Grab an even smaller amount of conditioner (a quarter’s worth if you have shoulder length hair)
- Apply it just to the tips of your hair.
- Leave in for a minute or two.
- Rinse with warm (not hot) water.
Medium, Textured or Wavy Hair (2)
- Get yourself a medium amount of shampoo (about a silver dollar’s worth if you have shoulder length hair).
- Gently massage the shampoo into your wet hair.
- Rinse and repeat once more.
- Get yourself a slightly smaller amount of conditioner (about a silver dollar’s worth if you have shoulder length hair)
- Gently apply conditioner from the middle of your hair to the ends.
- Leave in for 3 minutes.
- Gently rinse with warm (not hot) water.
Thick, Curly or Coily Hair (3-4)
- Amount of shampoo (a silver dollar’s worth if you have shoulder length hair)
- Gently massage the shampoo into wet hair in a circular motion, ensuring that you’re cleansing your scalp, too.
- If you aren’t getting a good lather, add more shampoo + water.
- Rinse thoroughly with hot water and repeat once more if you have curly hair, twice more if you have coily hair.
- Gently apply conditioner along the entire length of your hair. Use as much as you need to completely coat it.
- Leave in for 10 minutes.
- Gently rinse with cool water.
- Gently pat dry and loosen any tangles.
Q: I don’t recognize some of these ingredients, what are they?
Science rules! While a few ingredient names might sound scary, all of our ingredients are made from naturally occurring plants and minerals and have been vetted to rigorous environmental, processing, and personal health criteria to ensure they achieve our extremely high standards. If you’d like to go deeper on any of our ingredients, we recommend searching for them in the EWG Skin Deep database
Q: Will you be offering refills?
We’ve begun piloting refill programs with a select few retailers and hospitality groups. Stay tuned for more refill options later this year :)